Last Updated: February 8, 2020
“Non Personal Information” is information that is not personally identifiable to you and that we automatically collect when you access our Website with a web browser. It may also include publicly available information that is shared between you and others.
“Personally Identifiable Information” is non-public information that is personally identifiable to you and obtained in order for us to provide you within our Website. Personally Identifiable Information may include information such as your name, email address, and other related information that you provide to us or that we obtain about you.
Information We Collect
Generally, you control the amount and type of information you provide to us when using our Website. You are not required to provide us with any Personally Identifiable Information. But if you volunteer to provide it, here are the types of information we may collect:
- Communications: if you contact us for any reason, we will receive whatever information you voluntarily provide (e.g., your feedback).
- Payment Info: we do not receive your credit or debit card information. Third party payment processor handles payments, not us.
- Your Devices: device identifiers, phone manufacturer and carrier, browser, IP address, operating system version, mobile advertising identifiers, application installations.
- Website Interaction: we see what content our Website users access, when and how they interact with the Website content/pages.
- Analytics. This type of cookies shows us which pages users view, which links are popular, etc. These cookies only provide anonymized information that does not identify anybody personally. This information is then bundled with the similar information from the other users, so that we can analyze the general usage patterns.
- Essential cookies. These are necessary to provide the services that you have asked for. Without these essential cookies, our Website would not be able to operate. They are necessary to enable users to navigate through the Website and use its main features. E.g., essential cookies identify registered users so that they can access member-only areas of the site. Essential cookies keep users logged in. If a subscriber disables essential cookies, that subscriber won’t be able to get to all of the content that a subscription entitles them to. These cookies don’t collect information that could be utilized for the purposes of marketing or figuring out what places on the internet you have visited.
- To show relevant advertising. If we allow ads on our Website, they can contain cookies in order to provide ads most relevant to your interests. They can also help limit the number of times you see a particular ad and to assess the effectiveness of the advertising campaign.
- To improve your browsing experience. This type of cookies enables the site to remember users’ preferences and settings, such as geographic region or language. They can also be used to restrict the number of times an ad is shown, to remember which forms you have already filled in, so that you don’t have to do it again.
- There is a way to turn off cookies by going to your browser’s Help or Settings menu. However, keep in mind that disabling cookies may limit your use of the Website and/or delay or affect the way in which it operates.
How We Use Your Information
We use the information we receive from you as follows:
- Providing the Services You Requested.
- Customizing Our Website
We may use the Personally Identifiable information you provide to us along with any computer information we receive to customize our Website.
- Sharing Information with Affiliates and Other Third Parties
We do not sell, rent, or otherwise provide your Personally Identifiable Information to third parties for marketing purposes. We may provide your Personally Identifiable Information to affiliates that provide services to us with regards to our Website (i.e. payment processors, Website hosting companies, etc.); such affiliates will only receive information necessary to provide the respective services and will be bound by confidentiality agreements limiting the use of such information.
- Data Aggregation
We retain the right to collect and use any Non Personal Information collected from your use of our Website and aggregate such data for internal analytics that improve our Website and Service as well as for use or resale to others. At no time is your Personally Identifiable Information included in such data aggregations.
- Legally Required Releases of Information
We may be legally required to disclose your Personally Identifiable Information, if such disclosure is (a) required by subpoena, law, or other legal process; (b) necessary to assist law enforcement officials or government enforcement agencies; (c) necessary to investigate violations of or otherwise enforce our Legal Terms; (d) necessary to protect us from legal action or claims from third parties including you and/or other Members; and/or (e) necessary to protect the legal rights, personal/real property, or personal safety of Centurica, LLC, our Users, employees, and affiliates.
Disclosure of Data
We may disclose the collected personal information as follows:
- In case there is a sale, merger or other transfer in the ownership of our Website, the successor will receive personal information about our Website users along with the assets transferred.
- Aggregated, anonymized information that does not identify any particular user can be disclosed without restriction.
- To respond to a court order, regulatory request or legal process.
- If we decide that disclosure is appropriate to protect the property, safety, rights of the Website, its users or the public.
Only our administrators are allowed to access our Website’s password-protected server where your personal information is stored. We utilize SSL. However, any transmission of information over the Internet has its inherent risks, so we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your personal information. Transmit personal information over the Internet at your own risk. We shall not be liable for circumvention of security measures or privacy settings on the Website. It is your responsibility to keep your login credentials, if any, confidential.
We do not knowingly collect any personal information about children under the age of 13. Our Website is not directed to children under the age of 13. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided any personal info, it will be erased from our database as soon as reasonably possible, except when we need to keep that information for legal purposes or to notify a parent or guardian. However, portions of this data may remain in back-up archives or web logs even after we erase it from our databases. If a parent or guardian believes that a child has sent us personal information, send us an e-mail.
Your California Privacy Rights
We will not share your personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes to the extent it is forbidden by California law. If our practices change, we will do so in accordance with applicable laws and will notify you in advance. California law requires that operators of online services disclose how they respond to a Do Not Track signal. Some browsers have incorporated “Do Not Track” features. Most of these features, when turned on, send a signal or preference to the online service that a user visits, indicating that the user does not wish to be tracked. At this time we do not respond to Do Not Track signal.
We process your personal information in the United States. This is where it will be transferred to in case you are located somewhere else. By submitting any personal information to us, you agree to its transfer to and processing in the United States.
EU Users’ Rights
- Your GDPR rights to be informed, to access, rectify, erase or restrict the processing of your personal information. You have the right to obtain free information about what personal data we have obtained about you, where it is stored, for how long, for what purposes it is used, to whom it was disclosed. You have the right to have us, without undue delay, rectify of inaccurate personal data concerning you. That means you can request we change your personal data in our records, or have your incomplete personal data completed. You have the “right to be forgotten,” i.e. to have us delete your personal information, without undue delay, if the data is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected. However, GDPR gives us the right to refuse erasure if we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for keeping your information.
- GDPR gives you the right to restrict processing if any of the following applies:
If you contest the accuracy of your personal data, we will restrict processing it for a period enabling us to verify its accuracy.
ii. The processing is unlawful and you oppose its erasure and request instead the restriction of its use.
iii. We no longer need your personal data for the purposes of the processing, but you require us to restrict processing for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
iv. You have objected to processing pursuant to Article 21(1) of the GDPR pending the verification whether our legitimate grounds override yours.
- Right to data portability. Upon request, we will provide you your personal data in our possession, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. You have the right to transmit that data to another controller if doing so does not adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others.
- Right to object. You can object, on grounds relating your particular situation, at any time, to processing of your personal information, if based on point (e) or (f) of Article 6(1) of the GDPR. We will then have to stop processing, unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing. If you object to the processing for direct marketing purposes, we will have to stop processing for these purposes.
- Right to withdraw consent. GDPR grants you the right to withdraw your earlier given consent, if any, to processing of your personal data at any time.
- Rights related to automated decision making. As a responsible business, we do not rely on any automated decision making, such as profiling.
Links to Other Websites
If you have any questions about our Privacy Practices or this Policy, please contact us. Note that we can deny your request if we think it would violate any law or cause the information to be incorrect.