This listing is for a service business created in April 2016 in the SEO niche. This 100% remote agency sells high-level, white hat SEO focused on content creation, technical SEO, and link building. Most clients are on monthly retainers, though some work is for one-off projects. The team includes part-time staff and contractors, requiring low hours of the Seller. This business has consistent and steady earnings with a clear pricing package and offering in place.
The Seller currently works less than 10 hours a week having operations and strategy meetings with the team. The Seller is willing to go above and beyond to support the Buyer. On top of providing detailed training and SOPs, the Seller will be available for 10 hours a week for sales and strategy support for the first 6 months and a longer handover can be negotiated. The core employees are also aware of the sale and will get a bonus for successfully aiding the transition.
Both the Operations/Account Manager and the Senior SEO consultant are happy to commit to 20 hours a week for 6 months after the sale. It is very likely, they will both want to continue working in the company with the new owner. The Operations/Account Manager runs the operations of the agency and manages 20% of the clients. Three Senior SEO consultants, with over 10 years of SEO experience, manage the remaining 80% of clients. The bookkeeper is happy to continue providing services indefinitely.
Additional contractors for content writing, proofreading, and SEO (if the demand gets too high) are also used. Though none of these contractors are aware of the sale, as they are all project-based, the Seller is sure they would appreciate more work if the Buyer wishes to continue using them.
It's worth noting that most clients have been with the business for a long time, as this is not a 'churn and burn' agency. Also noteworthy, the business is tied to a successful digital marketing conference. The conference had over 250 attendees last year and this year includes speakers from ahrefs, Moz, Buffer, Hootsuite, ActiveCampaign and many other high profile companies. The conference can also be included in the sale, though that would need some further negotiation. The conference has its own team and the team would be happy to continue running it in following years.
The conference and talks related to the conference bring in leads. These talks can lead to clients, though this strategy is not a large part of the business. At the moment all the new clients are not coming from talks, more from referrals from previous clients, referrals from partners, and referrals from private networks.
The main area for growth is with other digital marketing services, as the Seller only offered SEO. Adding other services like Facebook Ads, AdWords, Social Media, Content Marketing, Email Marketing, CRO, Data, and Analytics could lead to growth. The Seller has gotten business from doing webinars online, so there is potential to expand there as well. The Seller is also using a LinkedIn lead generation strategy that is working to get sales calls and will be easy for the Buyer to replicate to get leads. The Seller is also setting up SEO for lead generation, starting email outreach campaigns and also setting up an cold calling with appointment setters. There is a very small email list and no social media, so these are opportunities for the Buyer to explore.
*The P&L is in accrual format but there is a huge spike in November 2017 from a client catching up on payments for SEO services.
*Google analytics wasn't installed until January 2018 as traffic isn't important to the agency.
*The site has been redirected a few times from similar domain names. The site was changed to the current domain name in February 2018.
*The agency has about 20% German SEO clients. The clients all speak English but the SEO is done in German by the operations manager who will continue on with the business and eventually transition their role to a German SEO consultant they know.
Average Monthly Revenue: $23,684
Average Monthly Expenses: $10,415
Average Monthly Net Profit: $13,269
* We are using the last 12 months to determine the averages.
Assets Included in Sale
Included in the sale of this business are:
The Seller weekly spends around 10 hours a week:
Reason for Sale
The Seller would like to focus less on client-based services and work more on creating revenue through real estate and other businesses.
Sale Pending: No
First Seen: Tue, Jun 12th 2018
Last Updated: Fri, Oct 26th 2018